Monday, June 1, 2009

Feelin' Feminine Challenge

I found a blog with a challenge: dress in skirts or dresses for seven days. As I was reading this blog, drinking a warm cup of coffee, I ponder the question "do I dress femininly?" Honestly, do I dress and conduct myself in such a way as to convey to the rest of the world that I am fearlessly feminine, take pride in and honor my femininity?
Perhaps this does not seem as important to you, my reader, as I believe it to be. Howedver, I challegne you: next time you are in a public setting with many peope in the room, look at those people - get a good look at them. Then ask yourself: How many, about what percentage, of the female population in the room truly dress in a feminin nature? What percentage (of biological woman in the room) conduct themselves in a lady-like, or feminine manner?
I can almost gaurantee you, not 50% of those woman will act or dress in such a way that marks them as distinctly feminine. How come? As I stated in a previous post, I believe the pressure from our culture to prove woman are "just as strong as men" is so great that the majority of American woman find it very difficult, if not impossible, to dress and act in such as to portray true femininity, without being cruely condemned, criticized and overall pursecuted.
However, one must always remember it is not the world we battle with - nor the men and woman whom we live our daily lives with, whom we walk the earth with, but "principalities and powers" who we fight against (Ephesians 6:12). The culture of todayis just one of the toold these "principalities and powers" use to misguide, decieve and wage war on the high calling God Almight has set before us woman: to be femininly distinguished, humbly servant-hearted, mystiquly honoring of God, and over all captiviating as the ezers God intended each of us woman to be.

(Disclaimer/ special note: I believe men and woman are equally important in God's earth - it is not good for man to be alone, and woman need the love that men can give them (Genesis 2:18; Ephesians 5:25) However, since I am a girl and don't quite understand the challenges young men facein our culture, I have decided not to venture in that arena, but stay safely in the areas of my own person experience: femininity! So, if you are a guy reading this, please don't be offended that there isn't more for you here, for I truly believe you have a very special place in this world - you can move mountains, be a rock in our generation, and change history in ways a woman never can... be the man God called you to be! :)

All this to say, I will be taking up the Feelin' Feminine challenge, http://feelinfeminine.com/?p=1164, starting tomorrow, Tuseday June 3rd, 2009. I will post pictures of the dress I choose to wear everyday this week, with some words on the activities I participate in each of those days - as I have heard one can do "most anything" in a skirt... we'll see =)
The Feelin' challenge is not only a "wear a skirt or dress for 7-days" challenge, but a "dress distinctly feminine in every aspect of the term for 7-days" challenge - this does include taking the time to do ones hair differently each day, wear jewelery if desired, or possible, and if you so desire, even wearing different shoes, each day, that compliment the dress (this will be nearly impossible for me, as I love wearing heals and participate in many anti-heals activities (such as puppy training and chasing, emmbedding the fear of an older sister into my two younger siblings by pursuing them up trees, threatening to tickle them, and other less than lady-like activities, like making mud-pies with my no-longer-baby sister, running through open feilds, cat-walking on the rocks in the nearby river, and climbing over/ under barbed wire, up ropes in our barn... etc... and so forth - the dream life of every human being alive, I believe (so long as they aren't neat freaks, or perfectionistic in their wardrobe - which I don't happen to be *lol* ;)

Enjoy the fantastic creation of God's sculptured earth, water colored sky, and perfectly woven together terrain of Summer.

In Christ,
Miss Elisabeth

No comments: