Friday, June 5, 2009

Feelin' Feminine Challenge, Day-3

Yesterday, June forth, was quite a busy day! To start the morning off, mom and I took a rather refreshing forty-five minute walk with my puppy. Following our walk I was asked to finish up my school work for the day as quickly as possible, as we were going into town at noon.
We spent the majority of the afternoon at a families house, who's mother is leading a "Child rearing/ training" class. A group of Christian mom's from our church. It was very refreshing to fellowship, and sit under the wisdom and experience of so many woman :)
After this stopped by Wal-Mart to pick up some dinner to share with our new-found kindred spirited friends.
At this point I would like to break from the day and discuss and interesting subject mom brought up while we were standing in the WalMart check-out.
Standing in from of mom and I in the check-our were two guys. Both of which had a crew-cut-almost-completely-gone head of hair. Both of which stood in a manner which announced to the world "I'm leaning back, looking relaxed, because if I don't my gangster pants will fall off." Both of which looked very... rough around the edges, to say the least.
Looking around the store, this was how ever single one of the the guys even around my age who shared the ame attire and the persona that the two guy, no longer in the check-out, wore.
"Where are the good-looking young men?" Mom was also noticing these same traits that I saw, woven so deeply into our culture.
"Not here! In Africa, and the Middle East, taking their faith seriously, and getting shot for it." Laughing, I tried not to think too hard about it, and move on... the two guys had heard my mom's and my exchange, and sneared. Walking back to the car, groceries retrieved and payed for, bagged and ready to consume, I asked the question that had been floundering in my mind for several months.
"Mom, where are the nice-looking young men of my generation?"
Mom's response was a band-aid to the real issue going on here - there is an extraordinary lack of godly young men, who go to church regularly, openly pursue a relationship with Yhwh, and if their pants are too big, wear a belt to hold them up.

Strangely, this topic followed me back to the home where we had enjoyed the parenting fellowship-group. Tammy, the mother of the home, asked me later on that evening if I was
"interested in boys."
I almost laughed and stated "No, not boys, but young men..." But didn't.. missed opportunity ;) Instead my response was that of most young woman, "yeah... sort'a..."

Her next question was one I dread answering, due to the discussion that usually follows...
"Is there someone you are interested in at church..."
After responding with a hesitant "no" she followed with the next dreaded question

"Why not..."

Here's where I get stuck. In some cases I just come right out and state the problem (especialy if I am feeling frusterated, or tired). In this case, I found it a little easier to be open with Tammy, and respond more honestly
"Well, there aren't any guys, at church, who keep their pants pulled up, and I personally don't like looking at their underwear."
Yes, I do know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that God is refining, preparing, growing, raising up, and building a godly young man for me, and a generation of God-fearing people... it's hard to keep faith, though, when the people around you reflect the opposite- when opposition is so strong!


My attire for the day. Because we were gone most of the day,



I couldn't get any pictures outside :(



A close up - it's not a very good one :)



Nothing fascinating done with my hair today. I had some of my hair, and bangs, up in a barrett, on the right side of my head, but you can't see it very well...






Anyhow, I hope you all have a fantastic day, enjoy the wonderful weather, praise the Lord much, and conquer the earth for Him :)




Blessings in His Holy, holy, holy name,


Miss. Elisabeth


"I saw the Lord, seated on his throne, high and exhalted. And the train of his robe filled the temple. There were angles, with six mighty wings; with two they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they fly.


And they sang "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty, and the whole earth is filled with his glory...."

No comments: